Reference materials play a key role in the calibration of geoanalytical measurement systems, the assessment of measurement procedures, assigning values to other materials and quality control.
The IAG is committed to the development of reference materials and certified reference materials (CRMs) that are fit for purpose in supporting the work of the geoanalytical community.
The responsibility for developing these materials rests with the IAG Reference Material and Certification Committee.
Aims and Objectives
- To develop a range of reference materials and certified reference materials to support the work of laboratories involved in the analysis of geological and environmental materials
- To collaborate with other organisations to achieve these goals
- To refine procedures for the characterisation of geological and environmental reference materials by the periodic organisation of workshops
- To complement existing whole rock reference materials with CRMs suitable for microbeam techniques
- More information about our reference materials is available at IAGeo Limited
IAG Reference Material and Certification Committee
|Phil Potts||The Open University, Milton Keynes|
|Jacinta Enzweiler||University of Campinas, Brazil|
|Thomas Meisel||Montanuniversität Leoben, Austria|
|Doug Miles||IAGeo Limited, UK|
|Dieter Garbe-Schönberg||University of Kiel, Germany|
|Michael Wiedenbeck||Helmholtz Centre Potsdam, Germany|
|Steve Wilson||United States Geological Survey, USA|
References Materials Database
GeoReM is a Max Planck Institute database for reference materials of geological and environmental interest.
View GeoReM today.