|Members networking at IAG stand at Goldschmidt 2017 Paris||Geoanalysis conferences||Reference materials|
|Proficiency testing||Awards and grants||GGR Journal|
The GeoPT proficiency testing scheme is celebrating its 25th Anniversary!
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the GeoPT proficiency testing scheme, we intend to publish a special thematic issue of Geostandards and Geoanalytical Research during 2021. This will contain research papers related directly to the GeoPT scheme (for example new insights into laboratory or technique performance) or linked to it in terms of the development of GeoPT-data analysis procedures, the status of consensus values and characterisation of reference materials based on GeoPT results.
All papers offered to this thematic issue will be subject to the regular research review procedures of Geostandards and Geoanalytical Research, which can be found here.
To serve as an international forum for the advancement of geoanalytical science and to promote the interests and support the professional needs of those involved in the analysis of geological and environmental materials.
IAG Aims and Objectives
- To serve as a forum for the advancement of geoanalytical science
- To promote the interests and support the professional standing of members
- To promote research into new methods of sampling and analysis
- To organize conferences and meetings and to act as the main sponsor of the Geoanalysis series of conferences
- To encourage younger scientists in the profession and their participation in meetings
- To improve and promote the assessment of measurement uncertainty and data quality as fit for purpose through proficiency testing and the development and use of reference materials
- To encourage and facilitate the publication of members’ contributions in Geostandards and Geoanalytical Research and elsewhere
- To disseminate information of interest to members using appropriate media